Seven good reasons to become a supporting member of the GFF.
- The GFF's work has an impact. We have already celebrated important victories in the courts. For example, we achieved a landmark ruling in favour of freedom from surveillance against the BND law. This ruling obliges German public authorities to adhere to the constitution worldwide. Some of our demands regarding which we have brought legal action have also been taken up by the new federal government.
- Supporting members guarantee the GFF's independence. The GFF rejects governmental funding or sponsoring. Our work is primarily funded by supporting members, in addition to donations and grants by foundations.
- Supporting members enable long-term planning. Lawsuits often take many years as they progress through the appeals system. We are only able to take financial risks if our supporting members support us financially over the long term.
- Supporting members are particularly well informed. They receive the latest information about our work and court decisions and are invited to exclusive events.
- More supporting members means more strength for the GFF. With your support, we can commit greater resources to defending fundamental rights, including new areas of work.
- Supporting members have direct contact with the GFF. You have a permanent contact person for your questions, feedback, ideas or criticism.
- The work of the GFF is recognized as non-profit. Your membership fee is hence tax-deductible as a donation.